Sunday, February 27, 2011

Never Work At Your Child's Childcare Facility

As I visit many childcare facilities, I often run across employees who work with their children. I take part in this myself. I currently work at my son's childcare facility. I work as a pre-K teacher, but I constantly have to go in the toddler room when we are short of staff. From working with my son, I have learned it has its advantages as well as its disadvantages.

Advantages include:
  • You know where your child is at all times, and you have less worries.
  • You know how your child's lesson plans are created.
  • In case of emergencies, you are there to respond quickly.
Disadvantages include:
  • Child wants all the attention in which you cannot fully give because other children are present.
  • Child acts out and does not take you serious because punishment at daycare is different than at home.
Overall, if I could make a recommendation on whether or not to work at your child's childcare facility. I would say "NO" because after a while children get use to seeing you there,and it makes it difficult for you to find another job. Also your co-workers, who were once your friends, can quickly turn to your enemies once your child ever gets hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment